Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Zoya Gaia

Yeah more Zoya! Totally my favorite brand. Even though I love many of the 3 free designer brands, I can't help but feel like these are better for me. And without fruther ado, on to the polish!



**EDIT**
This hasn't even posted and I am editing it and doing more photos. For two reasons.
1. The sun came out.
2. I repainted my nails.  Sorry poor finger with a sad nail, but I think this will make up for it.
*End Edit*


Zoya Gaia is a semi sheer milky white with a gold and bit of pink shimmer to it. The first pics below were on cloudy day, the application sort of sucked, which is unusual with Zoya in my experience. It was streaky, then I used a slow drying top coat and when I went to bed the blankets ate my mani. Plus I have the hands I am nursing back to health after some serious bleaching of a kitchen to sanitize it. So even though I didn't want to repaint the nails for that reason, I had to. Because a good manicure is just so pretty. So old pics below.



 Old pics were 3 coats. Blankets killed it. Cloudy pics meant it showed up more as white and you couldn't see the warm pink and gold shimmer in the polish. But I assure you, its there.

New Pic one layer. Very sheer. Good for am I did my nails but I want the natural look.
New Pic 2 layers. Notice a wee bit of streaky on the pointer. That is because I accidentally had a blob and had a hard time cleaning it up. It evened out wth a 3rd layer and honestly the polish settled on its own before I even added the third, you can just see the 3rd layer in the top photo. This was fresh and wet polish pics.


No time for top coat pics though as my 'lovely' toddler 'explored' a huge file cabinet of sheet music and its ALL MIXED TOGETHER. Sorting out sheet music is not my idea of fun.

Zoya retails for $8 for 0.5 ounces. Zoya is a 5 free formula and cruelty free. I bought this polish myself and all opinions are mine. You can read more about Zoya on  their website. https://www.artofbeauty.com/rd/0149D8BD
*If you sign up for an account through my link I will receive points to use towards future purchases for discounted price, free shipping, etc.*

No comments:

Post a Comment