Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ginger + Liz Heart Breaker

Random health issues will be posted at the end of this post.  First on to the polish!

Ginger + Liz is a three free, vegan nail polish line aimed for 'trendsetters.' If you pay attention to the polishes I like, well they aren't so trendy. More classic with the occasional fun glitter bomb. They are also, IMO one of the more pricey nail polish lines and harder to find in person.

Anyway, I is a bright purple with a wee bit of shimmer in the light. Not a normal shade for me,as I tend to more pinks. Ginger + Liz tries to play this color up as a more conservative shade compared to most of their neon shades.


 This is a cool color, but in direct sunlight it almost looks pink. There is a visible nail line though. I didn't notice it until I was editing photos. So make sure to do a third coat if it bothers you. I don't know what was going on, but my camera freaked out on me in that photo. It was even in manual mode, so I don't know how to fix that. But kapow! Color!
 This photo was done in the shade to show more how the color. Its a little more purple, and even my skin color is a bit more accurate. I think the sun reflecting on the shimmer really made it look different in the sun.

Purples really aren't my color. I love them until I wear them. They make me look more pale and make my hands look funky colors. So I probably won't wear this unless its layered under another color. I didn't paint my other hand, or even keep it on for the 24 hours I usually like to wear polish just to see how it wears. Nothing wrong with the polish itself, just not a good color for me.

Ginger + Liz can be bought on their website or at Urbanoutfitters.com. It retails for $12 for a full size bottle.

Now for the health update. This might get a little gross. I will attempt to stick with medical terms though. In less than 2 weeks I will be having a tonsillectomy AND a septoplasty. At age 30. Yeesh.

I went into see an ENT (ear, nose, throat doctor) about my tonsilloliths and chronic upper respiratory infections (sinitus, tonsilitis, AND otitis media I hit all the areas he specialized in). Turns out the septum in my nose (the flesh between the two holes) is not in the middle. This is very typical and its usually not straight in the middle, but one of my nostrils is about 80% closed. That means its harder for my body to clean out the stuff in my nasal area, leading to infections and well a month of torture for me. So I get to plan for 2 weeks of my life to literally not do anything while I recover from a throat job and a nose job (nose job is all internal so it will look the same). I will get a schedule of friends/family that can help come in and play with the kids, do some cooking, cleaning, etc. while I heal. And then I get to hope I don't have complications. A big cause of complications is doing too much too soon. I plan to do as little as possible. And eat a TON of popsicles. Yay for frozen clear liquids!

No comments:

Post a Comment