Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Essie Sleek Stick UV cured Nail Appliques

So I found these at my local DollarTree and decided to give them a try.


I have tried vinyl nail appliques in the past and have had mixed results with them. I applied mine similarly to Jamberry (if you have heard of them before). I didn't actually heat the wraps with a rice pack to seal on, but I did use heat and pressure to attach them to my nails. I will report back on removal. I have had really bad removal with Jamberry (losing the top layer of my nails leading to breakage for MONTHS) and its hard to want to use the rest of the wraps I own already. Since these were only $1, and I honestly couldn't tell what they would be like inside the package, I decided to give them a shot. I actually thought they would be more like sheets of nail polish like a different brand, but they are not.



Don't Cheetah on Me is a textured sticker/applique. So the wrap felt very similar to Jamberry. I trimmed off a large amount of the length of the wrap with a nail scissors, and then filed off the end with the included file. I decided to go ahead and compare it to a tried true nail polish combo, so its every other nail with OPI's Color of Minnie (a lovely blue flashing red).

(Yes the polish is already chipped, its because my nail has literally chipped up in layers. It is sad. Cry with me).

I wore these wraps and polish for 5 days. The ends actually did as well or BETTER than Jamberry. Yes, color me surprised. However, and this is a BIG however. I carefully and slowly removed these with oil (per the box insert) and I literally have loose strings of nail peeling off from about halfway up the nail toward the tip. I will be doing a nail treatment with Orly Nailtrition to grow out the sad peelies. Hopefully it grows out before a Halloween witchy party a friend is throwing.

Unrelated to nails, but look my Obedient plant BLOOMS! Its been blooming for a couple of weeks now, but it finally turned cooler so its not covered in bees. When it is covered in bees there are little black fuzzy butts sticking out the purple flowers. Its amusing but not as pretty as the purple flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment